2015 HKAS Archaeological Survey at Tung Lung Island
· The Archaeological Survey Proposal and Budget have been submitted to the Antiquities and Monuments Office (AMO) in October 2015. On 2 October 2015, AMO issued a letter granting HKD150,000 to HKAS for this Archaeological Survey (Ref. No. 54). The Archaeological Licence was granted to the Chairman Mr. Steven NG in December 2015, and the Archaeological Survey was then conducted between December 2015 and January 2016. Archaeological discoveries made included Song dynasty tiles and celadons, distributed in an area about 50m by 60m.
· One Cantonese and one English lecture briefing this Archaeological Survey have been conducted on 17 and 24 October 2015.
Archaeological Courses (Basic and Advance) with HKFTU
· Advance Course: between 3 and 24 October 2015, with 24 attendances.
· Basic Course: held on 2 and 9 January 2016.
Journal of Hong Kong Archaeological Society Volume 17: Publication in Progress
· HKAS is now preparing the publication of Volume 17 of the JHKAS in 2015, together with the 2015 Archaeological Survey at Tung Lung Island.
HKAS Annual General Meeting 2016, Election of the 2016-18 Committee
· HKAS Annual General Meeting 2016 (AGM) with Dinner, and the Election of the 2016-18 Committee will be held at Tack Hsin Restaurant at 7pm on 19 April 2016 (Address: 2/F, Peninsula Centre, 67 Mody Road,, Tsim Sha Tsui). Admission to the AGM is free of charge, and the dinner afterwards costs HKD150 each (for members only). For those who would like to join the dinner after the AGM, please contact us via email on or before 12 April 2016 to secure seats.
· For those who would like to stand for the election, please fill in the form at the back of the newsletter, and send the signed hard copy to GPO Box 5133, Hong Kong.