1. Archaeological Talk
The Society and Hong Kong Museum of History are co-organizing an archaeological talk ‘Hong Kong Archaeological Society Recent Research and Future Prospects: Results from San Tau Tang Cemetery, North Lantau (2012-13), Proposed Yim Tin Tsai Island Survey (Autumn 2013)" on 26 September 2013. The talk will be conducted in English. All are welcome.
1. Date & Time: 26 September 2013 Sat (18:30-20:30),
2. Venue: At the Lecture Room, Ground Floor, Hong Kong Museum of History, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon.
3. Lecturer: Dr. Mick Atha, Adjunct Assistant Professor, CUHK.
2. Archaeological Investigation
The Society is applying a funding from Antiquities and Monuments Office, Hong Kong SAR Government for an archaeological investigation. The investigation is proposed to carry out at a ruin Catholic chapel site and the terraced field to the north of Yim Tin Tsai Village, Sai Kung. The ruin is a rare example of an ancestral hall converted for use as a Catholic chapel and priest’s lodgings; and is significant remain of Hong Kong Catholic mission history. The former ancestral hall was donated by villagers as a place of worship at some time before 1867. For those who will spend their weekends/weekdays with us between late October and early December on field this year, we highly recommend you to join us on 29 September to know more about the investigation! As for the 2012 investigation, we are delighted to have Dr. M. Atha again to lead the investigation. This year the investigation is going to roll out by the November and we need volunteers to assist too! Please stay tune and we will send out the details very soon.
3. Certificate Course of Hong Kong Archaeology
The course is co-organized with After Work Leaning Centre of Hong Kong Federation of Trade Unions. Members can register the course via their website or centers already. The course will be conducted in Cantonese and is going to start in October. You can find the details on their website: www.hkftustsc.org. The course will be conducted in Cantonese.
4. Advance Certificate Course of Hong Kong Archaeology
The course is co-organized with After Work Leaning Centre of Hong Kong Federation of Trade Unions. Members can register the course at Center. The course will be conducted in Cantonese and is going to start in Winter. You can find the details on their website: www.hkftustsc.org. The course will be conducted in Cantonese.
5. 2013 Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Due to black storm rain signal was held on 15 April, the postponed AGM to be held at 6:00pm, 16th September (Monday) at the Society (address refer to header) . Members are welcome. The agenda please refer below:
1. Chairman's Report of 2012;
2. Treasurer’s report on the account balances of 2012;
3. The chairman and treasure’s 2011 reports are approved and accepted;
4. Appointment of as Hon. Legal Advisor and auditor in 2013; and
5. Motions from the floor.